Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's blooming in April? Hydrangeas



Hydrangea.  Hydrangea macrophylla.   The hydrangeas are just starting to bloom.  They come in pink, white, red, and blue.  Hydro = water.  Yep.  This plant likes lots of water. They also like acidic soil.

I have high hopes that my Hydrangeas will do well this year.  I bought a dark pink, white, and blue, but mine have all had pink flowers.  Did I mention this is the first spring in a long time that I am chief gardener?  My sprinklers were not working right.  No one has been giving them peat moss or acid soil amendments.
Well, the sprinklers have been fixed and the bag of acid soil amendments is in the garage waiting to be applied.  Check in later.  I hope to show you my beautiful blue Hydrangeas!

No comments:

Post a Comment