Monday, April 23, 2012

Tools for Cleaning Up


Cleaning Up
I've got to use this before I do much in the yard!  We have dogs.  A Pooper Scooper comes in handy.  But usually I just use 2 plastic bags... one over my pick-up hand and one as a container.  If I've procrastinated I may use this.  More often than not, I use the rake in the garden.  (Don't tell anyone!)

With this small telescoping rake and the poop picking rake I can pick up a big bunch of leaves using them like giant salad tongs.  It was wonderful when I hurt my back! 

I generally don't like noisy tools, especially when the neighbor's gardeners blow stuff around, but I love my Black and Decker Leaf Hog! I use it in vacuum-mode to suck up leaves.  It chops them up and deposits them in a bag which I can empty out into the compost.  We even have an attachment that replaces the bag and directs the leaves right into a barrel. 

With the small rakes and Leaf Hog, I don't even own a standard size leaf rake.  These do me just fine, thank you!

 My usual weed bucket.

I usually wheel the big city yard waste barrel into the garden, but this Fiskar’s Kangaroo barrel is nice.  I had a small one, but when it wore out I just started using my Home Depot bucket.  I just bought one like this that is kind of an in-between size.  It's nice because it folds flat for storage, but it holds a lot.  My last one wore out because I would drag it full all over the yard.  I'll probably do the same with this one.  Sometimes I would keep one side folded and one side out so that I could easily toss weeds in.


I do not endorse any of the stores for the products.  I just wanted you to have somewhere to go to find what I'm talking about.I do use these products though, and they work well for me.  You may be able to find better or cheaper sources.  

No comments:

Post a Comment