Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Favorite (and one not-so-favorite) Views

 This is the view I wake up to each morning.  The Nandina right in front of the window has something to see all year.   The roses are just starting out for the year, but there's a red one to the right and a pink and white one to the left.  The bird feeder usually has about 8 finches on it and more singing from the ficus in the corner.  I can hear the waterfall in the pond too.  It's a great way to start my morning!


 This view is from the kitchen and dining room.  This is what takes people by surprise.  I love watching the pond as I do dishes (when/if I do dishes).  Sometimes I can catch a glimpse of the fish and I can always hear the waterfall.  Birds like to splash in the water.  Hummingbirds swoop in and sometimes fight over who gets to drink first.  Notice the cactus in the window.  I am not diligent about watering.  I'm so glad for the automatic irrigation outside!

 This view is out the side window from the living room.  It's OK.  It gets a lot of shade from the neighbor's oak tree... at least when it's not infested with California Oak Moth, like it has been this past year.  Maybe the hydrangeas will do better this year.  The hollyhocks look pretty good now.  I should stake them soon.

 This is out the front of the living room.  I enjoy the swirling natural hedge creating a secret sitting area.  I often sit here when I'm waiting for a ride or to take a rest from weeding.  Perhaps I should put more chairs out here. 

And then there's this view from the living room.There's nothing special out these french doors.  If the angle is right, you can see the other bird feeder.  The climbing yellow rose bush puts on a show for a month or two.  The orange tree was here when we moved in but it was so scraggly, just a few nearly dead branches.  It's much healthier now and puts out a fair crop.  Just to the right is a lime tree that I do enjoy.  Right in the middle, covered by the frame of the doors in this photo, is where the hated lemon tree was.  I've planted some Canna and Nandina in the back, but there really needs to be something wonderful here.  Perhaps I'll get some inspiration from Pinterest.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment