Thursday, April 11, 2013

Building a Mountain out of a Molehill, part 2

I think most of the heavy lifting is over for this project.  The parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme are all in, as well as oregano, mint, basil, and lettuce.  I also sowed some cilantro seeds.

I was so happy when I was planning this herb garden that there is a watering system available!  When my friend Daniel installed the sprinklers I was surprised to see a drip line back there.  It didn't make much sense to me.  But the drip line head is just to the left of the mini-mountain.  That made it very easy to run three lines up there.  Hopefully that will be enough to get everything watered properly.  There are still a few lines available to add later.  Perhaps I should run the cycle when I can watch it and maybe even put something out there to serve as a rain gauge.  Remember, I define myself as a lazy gardener.  I know I'm not likely to stay on top of things if I have to water by hand regularly.

I plan to post another photo when I've filled in more of the crevices with soil, the friendly weeds that are serving as the ground cover fill back in, and the lettuce and herbs are larger.  For now, it's filling its purpose. . . to give me something to look at out the living room windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment